Sunday, September 21, 2008

Docent Training

I am attempting to keep a record of my Docent Training with the FOM (Friends of the Museum, Singapore)

Our training with the Asian Civilizations Museum (ACM) starts tomorrow.

Last Tuesday, the 16th of September, we gathered at the National Museum of Singapore in a preliminary meeting to have our groups and reading material assigned to us.

Having researched group titles like Hanuman, Garuda, Makara, Lion and Dragon each group presented the titles and their symbolism.

At this point the Indians in the group seem to have an unfair advantage as we have all grown up hearing the names and terms we have to research!

Tomorrow is Week 1 and I still have a lot of reading to do, so I don't know why I am pfaffing around wasting time, not getting down to it.

Our group also needs to bring a snack and I'm at a loss as to what to take.

So, I'm going to get back to my work and post later on, on the lectures I attended, and the Friday Highlight tour that I took last week.

No comments: